Growing your #nonprofit social media followers.
Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Feature the icons of your social media platforms in a visible place on your website and provide links for site visitors to follow.
- Invite #newsletter subscribers to follow you on social media.
- Cross-post (e.g., if you’re a hit on Twitter, invite those followers over to Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- Wisely and efficiently use hashtags and tag individuals affiliated with your #organization.
- Assign someone (or multiple people) to play a public communications role for your organization, train them to use consistent, appropriate language, and allow them to respond to those who post on your platform to increase engagement and exposure.
- Invite followers to post and to share stories, photographs, videos.
- When folks sign up to volunteer, for a newsletter, or in your physical spaces (or at public fairs), ask for social media handles and invite them to follow you.
- Got something extra from a silent auction? Someone donate a gift card? Consider holding a contest where new followers are entered. Don't forget to announce the winner and share the story widely.
- Conduct a short survey to garner new ideas or followers.