Why Not Make Donor Renewals a New Year's #Resolution?
Why focus on lapsed (or “it’s-been-a-while”) donors?
- Lapsed donors already know your #organization.
- #Research shows some just forgot to give.
- Renewing #donors is less expensive than finding new ones.
Where did your lapsed donors go?
- Some donors have moved (or moved on to another #charity).
- A small number have died (or no longer have the ability to give).
- The rest fit into another bucket.
Let's focus on this last group since we can do the most with them.
The next step in a donor renewal system is to discover any information that can help ascertain why they lapsed.
At the same time, think about how you might regenerate their interest in the #mission and #impact of your organization.
Most people will want to learn about the work and feel reconnected before being asked for a contribution.
More to come on this. First post in a #series.